Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Towards The Light." by Peggy Ann

In this early hour
of the morning,
I awoke for the second time.
After tossing and turning,
too much on my mind.
I'll go to the kitchen
I thought,
but darkness enveloped the room.
Didn't want to disturb a soul,
now where did I put that broom?
As I stepped into the hallway,
I smiled at the sight.
So facing the front window,
I headed towards the the light!
Letting it be my direction,
through all of this gloom,
I'll find a safe corner,
on my knees I'll be soon!
To tell the Light of this world,
all the cares that I'm facing,
how I need His deliverance,
how my knees are shaking
under this heavy load,
that I'm tired of caring.
The darkness of the circumstance,
was truly clouding my sight,
so I decided this early morning,
to run straight
towards the Light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Poem is relaxing. It give a sense of peace. Keep writing Peggy, great job.

Johanne Mckenzie